Food for Thought

Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. -- Samuel Clemens

Mar 24, 2008

Tonight's Thoughts (upon grading stupid essays)

I always should be doing
something else.
At the time, I don't quite feel it.
I always want something
more;
there is enough room for two?
I cut my nails, but damn
a snag.
My hands are brittle, cracked
but loved.
They clean bottoms and write comments
to be tossed.
There is more here than is seen
beneath your newly emerging curls,
baby hands and breath.
I should be doing something else.
I should be doing
more.

4 comments:

Tamara said...

we all should be doing something more right

Unknown said...

Regardless of what you 'should' be doing, you 'are' doing the most important thing. Enjoying Charlotte and raising her to be the best little personsy you can.

Mrs. Fudala said...

Ahhhh...regrets, regrets. I wish I had more time to spend with my baby. I'm too sappy...

carebear7951 said...

Mmmmmm, Love it. :)