Why, oh why, do I put off what can be done today until tomorrow? Since tucking my little dollbaby in bed, I have had the night to myself. I have, at minimum, 40 papers that must be graded by the time my head hits the pillow on Sunday night (that is only three nights after this one), yet I ignored them. What did I do, you may ask? Well...let's see. I made myself an Alka-seltzer because I have had terrible indigestion, then I had a Skinny Cow fudge pop -- sooo good and only about 80 calories. Hmmm...and I wonder why I get indigestion. I checked my email and uploaded Charlotte's 1 year pictures to flickr. I made a few phone calls, scrambling to find a sitter for Saturday night, then watched Iron Chef America...battle ginger, which featured Japanese cuisine (my favorite). I am now in the process of watching a killer episode of House Hunters (well, I was but I have it dvr'd, so I can always rewind and catch up when I finish this). Yes, I sat on my ass for the evening. So what, right? I mean, I worked hard all day. Yesterday was a bitch. Can't I veg out for a while?
Future plans for the evening do NOT include those damn papers either. I want to get a chapter of The Pillars of the Earth under my belt before drifting off to slumber. [I will finish this book sometime within the year 2008]
I developed a theory about my personality when I was finishing up my undergrad degree. I would always procrastinate on papers, projects, etc. The way I see it is, my gut instinct knows exactly how much time it takes to accomplish whatever task is set before me. I will get it done, and it will be quality. Yes, I might carry a little more anxiety and stress around because I put it off, but what if tomorrow never comes? Those essays wouldn't mean shit.
Good night and happy procrastinating!
Food for Thought
Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. -- Samuel Clemens
Mar 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh I hear ya......did you enjoy your TV though?
Post a Comment